Yesterday we got Orbit Showtime cable installed. I was super excited; if nothing else I will have some background noise in the house with me. It's a pretty decent package with 75 channels. The first night I found myself watching all Arabic television. It fascinated me to watch the programs and try to figure out the drama unfolding. I also enjoyed listening to the Arabic television programming. Some of my friends are envisioning me now, shaking those hips and moving my arms to the beat. I am on my way to some luxuries of home.
Life here is fun but I am having a hard time adjusting to my role as a woman here. Being an independent woman it's very hard for me not to work, or enjoy the many freedoms that I am accustomed to. I was well aware of my limited independence before arriving here, but I don't think it sinks in until you are actually here living the life. I can't go to the grocery store, I can't shop, and I can't conduct most of my own personal business. Yes, I do have options for going shopping but sometimes I would like to drive myself, and driving on the compound doesn't always fulfill that need. These four walls grow larger every day. I am used to mindless chatter with people, whether I know them or not; no mindless chatter here. My husband calls my home my dollhouse. Funny, but true it really is my little dollhouse, all perfect but existence is mostly limited to it.
I found out this week that someone I knew passed away, it has sadden me deeply. A.G. I hope that you are in a better place, and you have the wonderful life that every human being deserves. I cared about you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment