I knew that my finicky attitude toward food would be problematic when I came to Kingdom and I have tried to approach food more open minded but it’s tough. Chicken and more chicken is all that I seem to be eating day after day. Beef is limited here; I don’t see much sea food either, just chicken and more chicken. I like my chicken as much as the next person but I need a break. The kingdom offers wonderful fresh veal, dates, and the greatest roasted, seasoned nuts on this earth. I wish I could more like my husband; he has embraced the seasonings, and eats tabolii every day.
We don’t realize how much we associate food with our feelings. I can have an Oreo and during that time I almost forget that am in a foreign country. You can many American items here but they always seem to taste differently than at home. Living here has made me appreciate the availability of fresh food in America. I absolutely love that at home every corner has a grocery store; now shopping for groceries is something that I view as a treat. Americans often forget how fortunate they are to have the availability of items at their fingertips; I don’t have a Wal-mart or Target, gasp!
Anyway, if you are reading this and know me, I need a care package. Make for sure it has Twinkies, cupcakes, Doritos, and all the other junk that I like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment