Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Survived

Today I had an experience that I never thought that I would enjoy...I spent all day with a room full of kindergartners. When I walked into the room, thousands of little eyes from different cultural backgrounds were looking at me. It was a wonderful sight to see so many cultural from around the world represented. One little girl from India locked eyes with me and smiled at me all day long. The classroom was full of action and I was impressed by the curriculum. These children could read at a first grade level, and I helped them do a game of subtraction. Do you remember doing subtraction at that age? The day went by very quickly.

I never thought that I would enjoy spending a whole day with children but it wasn't so bad. There was one child who had recently been diagnosed with autism. You could tell he was very intelligent but at every play break he was excluded. At the last play period I sat down and played a game of cars with him. He was polite and friendly. I am so proud that I survived kindergarten!! I should get a sticker for this accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment