I guess I would consider this to be my own public service announcement.I never expected to see so many individuals in KSA smoking. I am asthmatic and the constant cigarette smoke has become quite an annoyance for me. In the United States it has become somewhat of a taboo to be seen smoking.It has been shocking to see smoking so openly accepted here. We have done such a good job of turning smoking into a stigma I hardly hear individuals proudly confess that they smoke anymore.
Here's are a few example of how acceptable cigarette smoking is here. I was in the mall today and all the men in the coffee shop were openly smoking in the middle of the mall. All the cab drivers have cigarettes in their pockets, and I even saw a young boy smoking yesterday. The Kingdom has an excellent anti smoking campaign running, and health care centers have outlawed smoking in their facilities. I am not passing judgment, but just concerned about the potential health risk. Remember when Americans smoked in abundance, and then we saw the rise of lung cancer. Save your lungs, put down the cigarettes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment