I was thinking about a lot of different things that I wanted to write about today, but an old dream that I use to have as a kid come to mind. I have always enjoyed sleeping with my windows open, even in the wintertime. I use to cover my head completely under the covers and pretend like I was in the desert in Saudi Arabia. At that time I thought of Saudi Arabia very much like the cartoon Arabian nights. So now I wonder if it was always in the plans for me to be in Saudi Arabia.
The heat has really begun to affect me, and I hear that this is only the beginning. It is so hot here that when you walk outside you immediately feel the moisture being sucked out of your body. Yesterday I took a brief walk and covered with dampness. Gross! My husband said he had never seen me sweat before, he didn't believe it was possible. I often feel guilty when I see the Malaysian and Indian workers that they bring over to do more of the less than desirable work. Gardening, trash, etc. I understand that it's their choice to come and work in the Kingdom, but they are just trying to make a living the same as myself. They spend their whole day in the sun. I hope that I never get so comfortable that these things don't concern me. Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment