It got up to 55C this week or 130F and it has been absolutely miserable for me. The hottest day of the year I somehow managed to lock myself out of the house. I went to the garage for a few minutes and I guess my husband had pushed the lock in without my knowledge. Luckily I see my neighbor is home, so I quickly run across the street. Every week they publish who is on call for lock out so I thought I could simply use the phone and wait patiently. When I rang the doorbell she seemed very shocked to see me. She invited me in and I ask to use the phone. She told me I could walk to the Housing office and solicit their help. Can you imagine someone with a car in the garage telling you to walk in 130F weather? She did offer juice for my journey, how nice! As I walking out of her door she told me she once used the window to get inside her home. How lucky for me my front window was open.
What a sight to see! I jump over using a chair as a prop and go in upside down with my legs sticking straight out of the window. I saw so many pausing to watch this show that I was putting on. In the end I got inside and now I check that garage door every time I go out of the house. Asking someone to walk in 130 degree weather, unbelievable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment