Some people have a true survival instinct. My husband is one of those types of people; I think it comes from his many years of traveling for work. Me, I have no sense of survival. If I can pick up the cell phone and have delivered, or call my husband I am not going to make it. We all know our weaknesses. I want to share a little story that shows my husband's determination.
My husband often rides his bike to pick up McDonalds for me in the city directly outside of the compound. This week when he went on his journey his bike chain broke and he had a flat tire. A Saudi gentlemen pulled up and asked him what he was going to do, my husband quickly replied “Give me your bike"; the gentlemen said “My bike"? My husband said "yes, for 150 Riyals". The guy got off his bike and gave it to my husband. Who buys a bike directly from under someone? I would never have thought to tell the guy to give me his bike. This bike was much smaller and really not tall enough for my husband. He said when he was riding off all the guys were looking at him laughing saying “Now you make the tires go flat" My husband had to have been twice as tall as the guy he bought the bike from. He looked so funny peddling that little bike home with the basket on the front.
It just goes to show, you never know what you can get until ask for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment