Sunday, June 20, 2010

Let me begin by apologizing for not writing in a couple of days. I appreciate those of you that follow me and will try to catch you on things here in the Kingdom. Things have been hectic as I get the whole house painted. Since my last post we have a new person that has come into our lives. Many Aramcons ( Saudi Aramco employees) have housekeepers. In the Kingdom they are referred to as "houseboys" but I find that term to be somewhat derogatory to a grown man. A housekeeper was not my idea by any means. I already feel like I don't have anything to do with too much free time on my hand. However, am not fooled, my husband is preparing for some trips that I have planned and he wants to make for sure that all his bases are covered before I leave.

The idea of having someone come behind me and clean house after me was not appealing to me at all. I must admit as the days have went by our housekeeper is growing on me. He is a young gentleman from Bangladesh with a wonderful warm personality. My husband attempts to feed him all kinds of treats but he resist, am sure in him mind he is thinking he doesn't want to become fat like those Americans, ha ha. He responded yesterday that he likes being skinny. He laughs often and wants very much to learn about America. We learned that he has a brother in New York that he hasn’t seen in over 20 years, can you imagine? The housekeepers here are so willing to do anything, because many send money home to support a family. We are so fortunate to have someone that meshes with us so well. I could use to not doing housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment